For perfect pizza, you need the right fuel! Ooni Pizza ovens create delicious pizzas with their powerful heat, and to maintain that power, it’s important to use the best fuel possible, check also, Best Slim Toasters.
Whether you’re using a gas or wood-fired oven, understanding the different types of fuel available and finding the one that fits your needs can make all the difference in making top quality pizzas.
Keep reading for an overview of some of the best fuels for your Ooni Pizza oven! Let’s get cooking!
1. ooni Karu 12 Multi-Fuel Outdoor Pizza Oven
This ultra portable oven can be run off wood or charcoal and even comes with an optional gas burner attachment, allowing it to reach searing temperatures of 950°F in just 15 minutes. With this powerhouse of a pizza oven you’ll be able to cook delicious pizzas in just 60 seconds!
- Ultra Portable – Weighing only 26.4lbs.
- Powerful Blast Of Searing Flame – Can reach 950°F.
- Cook Delicious Pizzas In Just 60 Seconds.
- Gas Burner Attachment Sold Separately.
- Not Suitable For Indoor Use.
- High Maintenance – Requires Regular Cleaning & Care To Get The Most Out Of It.
2. Ooni Karu 16 Multi-Fuel Outdoor Pizza Oven
This modern, portable oven uses either wood or charcoal as fuel sources, so you can get that delicious smokey flavor with every bite.
And with a temperature of 500°C/950°F in just 15 minutes and an amazing 60 second cook time for each pizza, you’ll be enjoying delicious Neapolitan-style pizza right out of the backyard!
- Fast preheat times.
- Viewflame technology.
- Learning curve
3. Ooni Karu 16 Multi-Fuel Outdoor Pizza Oven
This bundle of advanced technology and professional pizza preparation tools makes it easy to create restaurant-quality pizzas in just 60 seconds.
- Quick and efficient – creates restaurant-quality pizzas in just 60 seconds.
- Innovative design with ViewFlame technology.
- Professional pizza prep tools.
- Expensive for the average consumer.
- Must be properly cleaned and maintained to ensure optimal performance.
- Not suitable for a smaller kitchen space due to its size and weight.
4. Ooni Karu 12 Outdoor Pizza Oven
The perfect combination of convenience and performance, this bundle includes everything you need to make pizzas with restaurant-quality results.
With its custom fuel tray design and powerful blast of searing flame, you can enjoy perfect stone-baked pizzas in just 60 seconds!
- Easy to set up and use
- Versatile fuel options
- Durable design
- Fuel requirements
- Large size
5. Ooni Karu 12 Outdoor Pizza Oven
This versatile machine uses wood, charcoal or natural gas as fuel sources and can reach temperatures of up to 950°F, allowing you to make authentic stone-baked pizzas in just 60 seconds.
The bundle also includes a perforated pizza peel made from high quality aluminum which is perfect for stretching out dough and adding your favorite toppings with ease, see also Best Thin Toasters.
- Versatile fuel sources.
- Fast heat up time.
- High temperature capability.
- High price tag
- Require more space
- High maintenance
Plus, they produce a nice smoky flavor that just adds to the overall deliciousness of the pizza.
1. What is the best type of fuel for my Ooni pizza oven?
The best type of fuel for an Ooni pizza oven is wood pellets.
2. Does using wood pellets in my Ooni pizza oven produce a smoky flavor?
Yes, using wood pellets in your Ooni pizza oven will produce a nice smoky flavor that adds to the deliciousness of the pizza.
3. Will I need any special tools or equipment when using wood pellets as fuel for my Ooni pizza oven?
No, you don’t need any special tools or equipment when using wood pellets as fuel for your Ooni pizza oven; just a scoop and some patience!
4. Are wood pellets more expensive than other types of fuel for my Ooni pizza oven?
Generally, wood pellets are less expensive than propane or natural gas as a fuel source for your Ooni pizza oven.
5. How long will my wood pellet supply last when using them as fuel in my Ooni pizza oven?
Depending on the size of your wood pellet supply and how often you use your Ooni pizza oven, one bag of pellets should be sufficient to last several months.