Cast iron cooking is becoming more and more popular, as people discover how easy it is to create delicious, healthy meals with this sturdy, versatile cookware, check also, Best Compact Toasters.
But using cast iron can also be a little tricky – especially when it comes to getting the food out of the pan without burning your hands!
That’s where a quality set of oven mitts comes in handy. So if you’re looking for the best oven mitts for cast iron cooking, read on for our recommendations.
Oven mitts are essential kitchen accessories to help you handle your pots and pans with care. But when it comes to using a cast iron skillet, traditional oven mitts can be ineffective due to the heat-retaining properties of the pan itself.
As such, it’s important to choose oven mitts that are specifically designed for cast iron cookware if you want the best protection against burns.
1. KEGOUU Oven Mitts and Pot Holders Set
The soft quilted cotton lining of the oven mitts and potholders provide comfort while protecting your hands from heat.
The 500°F heat resistance ensures that you stay safe when handling hot items in the kitchen, while the anti-slip silicone design provides a secure grip on utensils. Finally, thanks to the suspension rings, these accessories are easy to store or hang for a tidy kitchen.
- Durable construction.
- 500°F heat resistance.
- Soft quilted cotton lining.
- Not suitable for temperatures higher than 500°F.
- May not fit all hands.
- Not dishwasher safe.
2. GRILL ARMOR GLOVES
Made from top quality fabrics and materials, these all in one barbecue gloves, oven mitts or pot holders are perfect for cooking in extreme temperatures such as outdoor grills, smokers, fryers etc.
They come with a five finger flex design and silicone super grip, so you can easily grab hot pots and pans without experiencing any burns. Plus they are machine washable too- making them an essential kitchen accessory!
- EN407 certified.
- Can withstand temperatures up to 932°F.
- Five finger flex design for a better grip.
- Can be slightly bulky.
- Not waterproof.
- Not suitable for small tasks such as picking up herbs or condiments.
3. GRILL HEAT AID BBQ Gloves
Crafted with aramid fabric, these gloves have been awarded the highest EN388 level 5 cut resistance – 4 times stronger than leather.
This makes them ideal for use in the kitchen for handling hot food in ovens, cast iron pans and barbecues as well as outdoors for camping or smoking foods.
- EN4O7 certified – can withstand temperatures up to 1472°F.
- Awarded with the highest EN388 level 5 cut resistance eded the the highest highest EN.
- Flexibility and dexterity.
- May be too bulky for some tasks.
- Can become slippery when wet.
- Can be difficult to take off quickly.
4. Big Red House Heat-Resistant Oven Mitts
These high-quality mitts feature a combination of silicone and cotton material, lined with soft terry cloth, giving you maximum heat protection, flexibility and comfort.
Measuring 12.5” in length, these oven mitts fully cover your hands and wrists so you can be sure that they will provide the ultimate protection when handling hot items from the oven or stovetop.
- Heat-resistant up to 480°F.
- Non-slip grip.
- Maximum heat protection.
- Limited colors.
- Not long enough for some.
- Material may not be durable.
5. 932℉ Extreme Heat Resistant BBQ Gloves
Crafted with three layers of different materials to ensure maximum safety and comfort, these oven mitts provide skid resistance with a non-toxic silicone layer, followed by an ultra-high strength aramid fiber layer for heat, cut and acid/alkali protection. The third layer is made of polyester for added protection and comfort.
- Highly resistant to extreme temperatures up to 932℉.
- Cut resistance is 4 times stronger than leather.
- Silicone coating provides slip-proof grip.
- Price is higher than some oven mitts.
- May be too bulky for smaller hands.
- Limited color options.
Q: What are the best oven mitts for cast iron?
A: The best oven mitts for cast iron are those made from heat-resistant materials like silicone or leather. They should fit snugly around your hand and wrist, so that you’re able to grip items firmly while still providing adequate protection from burns, check that, Best Toasties Makers.
Q: How long do oven mitts last?
A: Oven mitts can last anywhere from a few months to several years depending on the material they are made of and how often they are used. Silicone oven mitts tend to last longer than cotton ones, as the heat-resistant properties make them more durable.
Q: What other safety measures should I take when using a cast iron skillet?
A: In addition to wearing oven mitts, it’s important to use other safety measures when working with a hot cast iron skillet. Always lift the skillet by the handle and never place it near your body or any flammable material.